At His Feet

A place of devotion to God, through my poetry and photography--- I bow down at His feet, no worldly things I seek. This is where we meet, where I hear His heartbeat.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States

You see, my friend, it is not about me. My story is just one of the countless stories that tell of God's redemptive grace. Let's set our eyes on our Lord Jesus Christ, Who WAS, IS, and IS TO COME!

Monday, November 07, 2005

Love (2)


There is a saying that goes like this: "the eyes are the windows to the heart." I think it is quite true sometimes. There are times when one can look straight into another's eyes and, without any verbal communication, know what lies deep inside his/her heart. The picture above was taken by my friend Erin during her recent mission trip in the Middle East. What caught my eyes first were the eyes of these five children. Their eyes looked different, yet to me, they were telling the same story, revealing the same heart...

Eyes

Time stands still at the contact of eyes---
A moment of silence, an unforgettable sight.

A simple gaze of the eye talks
About what lies deep inside the heart.

Desperation? Anger? Fear? Hope?
I ponder, wishing that I can fully know.

For a minute I think a better life
Is what I see through these little eyes.

Another moment I wonder if they are ever told
What children's life is like in another part of the world.

Then I come to realize it doesn't matter
If they know or want a life that's better.

What matters is that, like the other children lived afar,
And so does every grown-up, they desire to be loved.

Their hearts' longings for love cannot hide,
For I know children's eyes seldom lie.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home