Meditation (6)

The picture above was taken this past Saturday near my apartment. Below are tercets.
Be An Autumn Leaf
(I ask.)
O leaves, slowly dancing in the autumn wind,
Why do you shed your green
garment and put on a red coat?
O leaves, softly whispering in the fall breeze,
Why do you cease to make your old
melody and begin to sing a new song?
O precious leaves, gently falling from your dwelling,
Why do you have to leave your cozy
home and take on an adventurous mission?
(A leaf speaks.)
O friend, what I wear is not from me.
My Creator made me this coat,
keeping me warm every winter.
O friend, what I sing is not about me.
My Master taught me this song,
reminding me I'm never alone.
O precious friend, where I go is not for me.
My Lord sent me on this mission,
giving me the purpose of my life.
(All the leaves in chorus.)
This is our coat---
A new coat,
A season of hope!
This is our song-
A new song,
A time to belong!
This is our mission---
A new mission,
An age of transformation!

Be An Autumn Leaf
(I ask.)
O leaves, slowly dancing in the autumn wind,
Why do you shed your green
garment and put on a red coat?
O leaves, softly whispering in the fall breeze,
Why do you cease to make your old
melody and begin to sing a new song?
O precious leaves, gently falling from your dwelling,
Why do you have to leave your cozy
home and take on an adventurous mission?
(A leaf speaks.)
O friend, what I wear is not from me.
My Creator made me this coat,
keeping me warm every winter.
O friend, what I sing is not about me.
My Master taught me this song,
reminding me I'm never alone.
O precious friend, where I go is not for me.
My Lord sent me on this mission,
giving me the purpose of my life.
(All the leaves in chorus.)
This is our coat---
A new coat,
A season of hope!
This is our song-
A new song,
A time to belong!
This is our mission---
A new mission,
An age of transformation!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home