At His Feet

A place of devotion to God, through my poetry and photography--- I bow down at His feet, no worldly things I seek. This is where we meet, where I hear His heartbeat.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States

You see, my friend, it is not about me. My story is just one of the countless stories that tell of God's redemptive grace. Let's set our eyes on our Lord Jesus Christ, Who WAS, IS, and IS TO COME!

Monday, August 13, 2007

I pray that this poem I wrote owing to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit would be an encouragement to believers. Whether you are climbing a mountain, treading through a valley, crossing a sea, or simply walking on a plain, remember that the Lord is with you and will shepherd you when you are lost and protect you when you are in battle. God bless you!

Journey

O Lord Jesus
Thou hast laid before me a road
A narrow road few travels
For withdrawn by great difficulties.
Yet Thou hast said: “I am the way,”
Therefore I shall walk and have faith.
Thou hast called me on a mission
A sacrificial mission few embarks
For driven by selfish ambitions.
Yet Thou hast said: “I am the truth,”
Therefore I shall listen and obey.
Thou hast sent me to a battle
A dangerous battle few ventures
For terrified by the face of death.
Yet Thou hast said: “I am the life,”
Therefore I shall fight and not fear.
O Jesus my Guide,
How blessed I am
To know each journey starts
With Thee by my side.
How can I stand and not fall
If Thy hands not upholding?
How can I walk and not stumble
If Thy Word not guiding?
How can I run and not faint
If Thy Spirit not strengthening?
With each step I take,
O how I thank Thee
For Thy love
Like sun shining on my face
For Thy mercy
Like rain showering over my body
For Thy joy
Like river flowing in my heart.
May I praise Thee—
When I work, when I rest
When I laugh, when I cry
When I succeed, when I fail.
Young or old
Rich or poor
Well or sick
May I press on without ceasing,
To run the race
Fight the battle
Live the adventure
Until Thou call me Home
Where I shall begin the New Journey
The Journey none on earth ever traveled,
Which goes on forever and ever,
In which every step is better
Than the one before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home